1. Simple GIS Client is a "native" Windows application and as such must be installed on your device. All Simple GIS Software is signed by our registered code signing certificate so you can be sure the installation your are running has been published by Simple GIS Software. Code Signing certificates are used to digitally sign applications and software programs to prove that the file a user is downloading is genuine and has not been compromised. Code Signing provides authentication to assure customers that the file they are downloading is from the publisher named on the certificate. In addition, this also proves that the file has not been tampered with or hacked since it was signed. When you launch the SimpleGISClientSetup.exe, you will likely receive the User Account Control dialog as shown below, depending upon your User Account Control settings in Windows.
6. You will now be presented with the ready to install dialog. Review your installation settings and when ready, click the "Install" button to begin the installation.
To begin your download, click the "Download Now" button located below. Depending upon the browser you are using, you may be presented with different options as described below:
Once your download is complete, launch the installer and follow the installation instruction below. Note: If you get an error running the installer, try temporarily disabling any antivirus software running on your machine. Some antivirus software will prevent the installer from completing successfully.
Simple GIS Client Installation Instructions
5. Finally, you have the option of whether you wish to create a desktop icon for Simple GIS Client. By default, this option is checked. If you do not wish to create a desktop icon, you should uncheck this box. Click the "Next" button to proceed.
If you wish to uninstall the software later, locate and select "Uninstall Simple GIS" from the Windows Start menu folder in which Simple GIS Client was installed.
4. The next screen allows you to change the application folder where Simple GIS Client shortcuts will appear in your Windows start menu. You can accept the default or click "Browse" to choose a different folder. Once done, click "Next" to proceed.
3. Next, select the installation folder for the Simple GIS Client application. You can choose to accept the default or click the "Browse" button to choose a different folder location. When done, click "Next" to proceed to the next step.