Welcome to the Simple USA 2019 Data & Project Download Page
To begin your download, click the "Download Now" button located in the bottom center of this box. Depending upon the browser you are using, you may be presented with different options as described below:
- Google Chrome: When you click the "Download Now" button you should see the "SimpleUSAInstall.exe" file begin to download in the lower left corner of your browser window. Once download completes, launch the SimpleUSAInstall.exe file.
- Microsoft Edge & Internet Explorer: When you click the "Download Now" button, you may be prompted with a message box asking whether your wish to run or save the file. You should click "Run". Once download completes, the SimpleUSAInstall.exe will be launched.
- Firefox: When you click the "Download Now" button, you will prompted to save the file. Select Yes and you should see a download progress in the upper right of your browser window. Once complete, the progress bar will change to a downward arrow. Clicking on this arrow will present a dropdown where you should see the "SimpleUSAInstall.exe" file. Click on this file to start the installation.
When you launch the SimpleUSAInstall.exe , select the folder location to download the compressed data files and click the "Begin Download" button. Once download is complete, click the SimpleUSA2019Setup button to launch the installer and lead you through the installation process.
- Note: If you get an error running the installer, try temporarily disabling any antivirus software running on your machine. Some antivirus software will prevent the installer from completing successfully.
- Simple USA 2019 Data & Project is a Windows application to download the a shapefile dataset of the US derived from OpenStreetMap data, and as such must be installed on your device. All Simple GIS Software is signed by our registered code signing certificate so you can be sure the installation your are running has been published by Simple GIS Software. Code Signing certificates are used to digitally sign applications and software programs to prove that the file a user is downloading is genuine and has not been compromised. Code Signing provides authentication to assure customers that the file they are downloading is from the publisher named on the certificate. In addition, this also proves that the file has not been tampered with or hacked since it was signed. Even so, from time to time users may see a Windows Smart Screen dialog stating it has prevented and unrecognized app from starting, like the one sown below.